Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pineapple Stuffing- Jen's Savory Summary

So first I want to apologize for my lateness in posting.  I am in the fabulous city of Indianapolis for a trade show.  This trip so far has been quite a nightmare.  My hotel last night was conveniently located below a train station.  Yes, a train station with trains that go by every hour on the hour throughout the night.  It felt like an earthquake...walls shaking, lights flickering.  Needless to say, I'm exhausted having only gotten about a solid hour of sleep.  Instead of sleeping, I stayed up reading Trip Advisor reviews about how horrible the hotel is.  Well, this morning I have transferred to the fabulous Marriott, which is where I am right now freshly showered and enjoying a train free afternoon.

Katie on Easter many years ago
Let me tell you, I was a big fan of this recipe.  HUGE!  Not only was it quite easy but it was so unbelievably delicious.  The combination of the tartness of the pineapple and the sweetness from the sugar made me sad I didn't double the recipe.  I decided to make it for this potluck I was having at my house on Saturday night.  We were having Jason's first year grad students over.  They are from all over the world so I thought it would be pretty cool to expose them to a Sharp family tradition.  Well, this was the only dish that had no leftovers.  Everyone was asking 'how did you make that?!'  I even think we got some more blog readers out of it!

One thing I wanted to note: I doubled the bread.  I figured out why my stuffing was so soupy.  I bought thin bread.  Lesson learned.  Hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did and maybe add it to your Easter dinner next year!
Completed Stuffing-
 the corners  were
the best part jammed
 pack with crunchy sweet goodness

Happy Cooking!
Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment