Thursday, April 11, 2013

Parmesan Crusted Lamb Chops


NYT Photo Credit
Since we didn't have lamb on Easter (lamb recipes were all over the place for that holiday), I thought we would give it a whirl a few weeks after.  And since it's never been featured here, I figured even better to start now.  The only time I ever really eat lamb is when I am eating Indian food.  There is something about the curry and the spices covering the lamb that make it my hands down favorite protein choice when having Indian. 

Admittedly, I have never prepared lamb myself.  With this inexperience in mind, I've chosen a fairly easy recipe that was featured in the New York Times.  We will be using lamb chops for this recipe but if this particular meat makes you squeamish feel free to substitute a delicious pork chop.  I will also be making this on the grill since this bout of warm weather we are having makes cooking inside seem like a sin. 

Also, to offer a more economical solution, it is recommended that you buy a rack of lamb and then cut them into individual chops yourself.  Just be sure to confirm they are 'Frenched' (no tongue kissing required), which is a particular cut of a lamb rack. 

Tomorrow, we will be featuring a delicious side dish, broccoli rabe, which, at the NYT's suggestion, will give the meal a garlicky bite.  I hope you enjoy Parmesan Crusted Lamb Chops!

Happy Spring!
Joanne

Parmesean Crusted Lamb Chops
    
    NYT Photo Credit
    
  • One rack of lamb (for portion size NYT recommends 2 chops for a normal appetite and as many as 3-4 for bigger appetites)
  • Olive oil
  • Fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
  • Bread crumbs (Panko may work great for this)
  • Rosemary
  • Salt & Pepper

Preheat your grill to medium/high heat (or grill pan for the oven).  Place lamb on a working surface and lightly brush with olive oil.  Combine bread crumbs, rosemary, salt, pepper and cheese in a large bowl.  Dip each lamb chop into mixture and shake off the excess.  Sear each side of the lamb for 2-3 minutes.  3 minutes for a more cooked through chop.  I tend to lightly coat my grill with a nonstick spray to avoid any sticking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment