Monday, February 25, 2013

And the Oscar goes to...

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi0m5Dmopqu5j_7lPtZHLasMCCk0KHk5LFP1wQjW2Q1LvPsr1uT0Y3NSXdj08cHxtQHq2ENE0-EUPY885BCEV9k_ra6HP28NnHQG93RWP41MjHg_lYadjLY2tzovBwz95RZ5Hx-RcVMlao/s1600/ace.jpg
Allllllrighty then
Well the culmination of Hollywood awards season is upon us, the Oscars.  In fact as I write this, I am stealing quick glances at the stars strolling down the red carpet.  I grew up watching many many movies.  Patrick Swayze as the infamous Johnny Castle in Dirty Dancing was practically a member of our family.  I still swoon every time I hear 'nobody puts Baby in the corner'.  My sister and I would watch and rewatch movies and then drive our parents crazy quoting the movies continuously.  Just ask Jen.  She does one mean Ace Ventura impression.  

http://cdn-media.hollywood.com/images/l/dirty-dancing-remake-delay-casting.jpgSo what else goes with movies other than popcorn?  We grew up eating a homemade caramel popcorn.  It would be a special weekend treat and every so often I still make it for David and I.  It takes me back to movie marathons with my sisters and fighting over the biggest chunk of caramel popcorn.  I have included this family heirloom recipe below in the hopes that you incorporate it into your family movie night as well.  From a seasoned professional, I recommend eating it as fresh as possible so every morsel melts in your mouth.  

Happy movie and popcorn night!
Joanne

Caramel Popcorn
http://www.wearenotmartha.com/wp-content/uploads/DSCN1831-1024x768.jpg 
Ingredients
  • 2 bags of air popped popcorn
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup corn syrup
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Directions

Preheat the oven to 325.  Combine the butter, corn syrup, salt and brown sugar in a large sauce pan over medium heat.  Once butter is melted and ingredients are combined, bring to a boil.  Add baking soda.  Pour immediately over popped popcorn in baking dish.  Place in oven for 1 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment