Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Lay Off Me I'm Starving

So it's no secret that I have been on a diet for the majority of my adult life.  I was an avid weight watcher throughout college and a few years outside of college.  I learned to appreciate certain foods that I always avoided with passion as a child.  Who knew that I could actually crave a vegetable or a healthy starch?  Today I wanted to feature my favorite way of making my adult obsession, sweet potatoes.  This weird orange vegetable always used to scare me.  I would never try my mom's out of this world delicious sweet potato casserole on Thanksgiving because it was just "weird" looking.  Now that vegetable side dish is not very conducive to a Weight Watcher's life style, but I want to introduce you to an absolutely yummy and simple alternative sweet potato dish!



Coconut Oil Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Ingredients
3 large sweet potatoes
roughly 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Salt to taste
1 large cookie sheet

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
Place cookie sheet in the oven while preheating so that is nice an hot when you place the oil and sweet potatoes on it.
Skin potatoes and chop into 1 inch cubes (don't have to be exact 1 inches but around that size)  Uniform size is key for even cooking. 
Remove cookie sheet from oven when oven is preheated (be sure to use an oven mitt).  Place oil on the cookie sheet so that it melts down.  Add potatoes and shimmy around to coat evenly.  Salt potatoes to preference.   

Bake in oven for 45 minutes, shaking pan periodically so they do not burn.  

Enjoy!
Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment