Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Terriyaki Chicken & Shrimp Kabobs- Jen's Savory Summary

SEMI HOMEMADE!!
I can't tell you how much I've missed cooking. Last night as I was preparing everything I realized I hadn't cooked in close to two weeks.  Cooking is my stress reliever.  It just zones me out and relaxes me.  I so needed that repetitive chopping, mixing, sizzling in the pan...it brought me to my happy place.  This was a super simple recipe this week and I made it even easier.  Okay, don't call me lazy just yet.  I will tell you I made two chopped little salads to go as sides with this week's meal. I also cut up an entire pineapple for dessert.  I totally Sandra Lee-ed it this week.  I hate Sandra Lee, loathe her in fact.  Parading around like a chef when her meals consist of reheating most things.

Well I'm ashamed to admit..... I bought my kabobs pre-assembled.  I know... so LAZY. They were just staring at me in the Whole Foods case saying: "buy me... buy me...I look so yummy".  So I bought them and they were delicious.  I did however make that delicious glaze.  I love ginger.  Most things I was served in China had ginger in it and it is so refreshing.  I think I am the only person who enjoys ginger ale when they don't have a stomach ache.  Perhaps it's from having it so much as a kid at my grandma's house.  So back to the lazy kabobs.  I had one with chicken and one with swordfish.  I would highly suggest eating more swordfish.  It gives you that steak feeling without the steak calories. Also, the swordfish tasted amazing with the terriyaki glaze.  Finally, for all you apartment dwellers like myself, don't say I can't make this because I don't have a grill.  I did!  With my amazing grill pan that gets so much use this time of year!!


I hope you all enjoyed this recipe!  It definitely felt like a kick off to summer for me.

Happy Cooking!!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment