Friday, May 3, 2013

Kiss Me I'm Mexican


Jason and I five years ago today
 Cinco de Mayo has a special place in my heart.  It was the day I met my husband (well not actually May 5th - we actually met five years ago today)   On that fateful night I went out to Manayunk with my friend Jackie with a list of goals (we're weird I know).  Here were our goals: Dance to Miley Cyrus "Party in the USA", make friends with a boy band (definitely didn't happen), get someone to buy us a shot, and wear a sombrero.  Well, the night was winding down and Jackie saw a guy walk by with a sombrero on and shouted "HEY! Can I wear that?".  I swooped in, stole the hat and the guy.  Of course, I thought his name was John and he did not remember what I looked like, but it was total magic.   


We usually celebrate this holiday with some good tacos on Cinco de Mayo.  And although Jason still doesn't have the sombrero, he still has his "Kiss Me I'm Mexican" t-shirt.

I hope all you single ladies go out on this holiday weekend and meet your future match! Just go out with a list of goals!  Dancing to Miley Cyrus is always a good idea! 

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Jen 


No comments:

Post a Comment