Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Enchiladas Verdes- Jen's Savory Summary

I had every intention of making this week's recipe. I seriously did.  I bought the chicken and had it sitting out on Sunday to defrost.  I even got the corn tortillas.  Then, Sunday happened....  

Apparently, I cannot enjoy a lovely day of day drinking like I used to. In college, this was a weekly occurrence, especially in the fall. Saturday football games, yes University of Delaware had football where we did tailgate, were centered around day drinking. These days, this Sunday of day drinking destroyed me.  I thought I could muster up the energy to make it on Monday evening, but the thought of anything green made me sick.  It was a full 24 hours since I had my last glass of delicious bubbles but I still was feeling "wicked hungovAH".  Instead of delicious enchiladas, I dove into the yearly supply of Omaha Steaks my father-in-law sends us.  So last night my meal consisted of a twice baked potato and a piece of fish.  

I hope you all enjoyed your enchiladas .. I hope to make them this Wednesday instead.  Maybe this hangover will be gone by then...

  
Funny Cinco de Mayo Ecard: My hangovers now take as much recovery time as major surgery.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way Jen. Went out after broad street on Sunday and I am still recovering!! I plan to visit boston with Jo this summer though and we will be having some drinks, hangover or not!!
    - Kristen

    ReplyDelete