Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Well Isn't That Just Peachy

I am in Atlanta for work this week and thought I would throw a quick shout out to one my favorite fruits and the recognized state fruit of Georgia, the peach.  And it turns out I am not the only one who loves all things peachy.  

http://rollingout.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/RHoATL.jpgTake the Real Housewives of Atlanta.  Frankly, I can't think of a bigger group of legit celebrities (sense the sarcasm).  And low and behold in the intro to their addictive and mind numbing show, they are holding none other than the peach!  The Presidents of the USA (no not George, Bill and Barack) knew what was up with their song ever so appropriately called Peaches.  A one hit wonder no doubt but still a hit in its hey day.  Finally, it wasn't James and the Giant Blueberry.  Or James and the Giant Apricot.  Yup, you guessed it, the cinema hit was James and the Giant Peach

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/27119881/James+and+The+Giant+Peach+James_and_giant_peach.jpgBut in all seriousness, peaches are my favorite summertime fruit.  As Jen previously mentioned, we would eat plenty of peaches straight out of the can throughout our entire childhood.  While I now prefer the fuzzy, fresh kind, they still bring me back to a warm weathered childhood snack.  However, since we are still in the cold weather months, I thought I would pass along a delicious recipe for peach cobbler which is guaranteed to warm the belly and the soul!  Now isn't that just peachy.

~ Joanne

Photo Credit - Barefeet in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment