|Photo Credit - Simple Recipes|
So I was back to the drawing board and it hit me! I am going to make Corned Beef and Cabbage. Would I ever (ever) eat this any other time of the year? Absolutely not. But I figured it would be out of my normal comfort zone and commemorate a little Irish heritage along the way. One tip... if you are planning on participating in this Sunday Supper get your corned beef now. Surprisingly, it will run out fast!
Happy St. Patty's Day!
Corned Beef & Cabbage
as adapted from Epicurious
- 5 pounds corned brisket of beef
- 6 peppercorns, or packaged pickling spices
- 3 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 3 onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium-sized green cabbage, quartered or cut in wedges
- Melted butter (about 4 tablespoons)