Monday, July 15, 2013

Revisiting the archives


Winter Storm Nemo in Boston
Hi everyone!  Since I was a lazy bum this past week and didn't write a recipe for this Sunday I found myself revisiting our archives to make my Sunday dinner.  I had bought the rice and the saffron for paella many many months ago but wasn't able to make it because of lovely Nemo.  I thought this weekend would be perfect to whip this baby up!  It was also a little over a month since we returned from Spain so I thought perfect timing!


Such a happy
little corn
As a side dish, I wanted to attempt to make my new favorite thing.  I have many favorite things but this lovely joy has been my craving every time we walk into a Mexican restaurant.  And I know Spanish is not the same as Mexican but let's not get into technicalities.   I wanted to attempt to make Mexican Street Corn.  What is Mexican Street Corn you ask?  Well, it is corn grilled then covered with a lovely, creamy, spicy, cheesy, garlicky sauce. You will be licking the plate when you are done.   So please try to make this at home with corn season coming into full bloom.  This will be a great alternative to the staple of butter and salt.  Also, don't forget to visit out the archives to test out some recipes!





http://www.buckscountytaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/CVR_SFS_mexiStreetCornCLR0009_article.jpgMexican Street Corn Topping

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
  1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco plus 1/4 cup for garnish
1 tablespoon crushed garlic (about 3 cloves)
2 teaspoons chili powder
pinch of salt to taste

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.  Slather on grilled corn.  Sprinkle with queso fresco for garnish and dig in!


No comments:

Post a Comment